Some sales start as early as Thanksgiving day, then there's Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and finally Cyber Monday. Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it. Here are my top 5 tips to stay healthy and stress-free while running the biggest sale marathon of the year.
- Be Prepared – Know which stores you are going to hit, the sale items at each, and the time window for each sale. Most importantly, pack your medications, snacks and water for the long day ahead! You don’t want to risk fainting, low blood sugar, or giving in to the temptation of unhealthy fast food. Pack trail mix, banana, or popcorn, etc. If you are shopping in cold climates, like Michigan, items such as yogurt, protein drink, or sandwich will keep well in a cooler when left inside the trunk of your car.
- Organize – Make a list (and check it twice). Know who you want to shop for, how much cash to carry, and carefully route out all of your stops. I don’t know about you, but I like to save gas and time.
- Be Safe – Be aware of your surroundings. Human Trafficking is real and happening all over. Try to shop with a buddy or leave a list of your planned stops with a responsible friend or family member. Avoid flashing wads of cash, do not put all of your money in the same place, and ladies carry a small cross-body purse (and keep it close to you at all times). Try to keep your shopping “haul” out of sight in your vehicle; use your trunk. The same goes for social media -- don't post it!
- Spend Wisely – Guard your bank account (i.e. set a budget). It's the gift that counts, not the cost. I don’t want you to spend yourself out of house and home. Sorry, you can't come live with me if you spend all of your bill money on shopping.
- Shop Online, If Possible – My favorite kind of shopping takes place in pajamas and in front of a computer or Smartphone. It's the easiest way to stay headache free. Often times, the online savings are better than at the brick and mortar store. Websites like rakuten.com (formally known as ebates) help you earn cash back on purchases just by shopping at your favorites store via their website. Also, during Black Friday many retailers offer free shipping and returns. Winning! P.S. I heard Harambee Wellness is offering free shipping on apparel during Black Friday.
After all your shopping is done, grab your friends and come celebrate with at the Sweat Trap Fitness Party. Trap Music and refreshments on me!
Remember, Black Friday shopping is a marathon, not a sprint - plan accordingly. I hope these tips help you to have a safe and stress-free shopping adventure.
I just want to see you T.H.R.I.V.E.
Let's Thrive Together!